Dirk & Paul Hüttemann have put together their review of the 51st National. It contains rather stunning views of the roads travelled during the week of the event. Well worth a look
Thanks to John McCarthy & Kevin Forde for passing on this little beauty. Filmed 27 years ago, in 1990 by Dirk Hüttemann, this 20 minute long clip is a nice trip down memory lane.
Note from Dirk;
- Please excuse the sometimes poor quality. It’s almost 30 years old and the old video tapes lose quality. And we are spoiled by today’s HD flatscreens or Bluray DVDs.
- Video was shot with an old VHS camera big as a shoebox and difficult to hold steady by hand while riding. Camera in my right hand, throttle on my Indian is on the left. Aha, I hear you say, Indian was far ahead of it’s time!.
- A fisheye lense helped to reduce shocks and blur a little only
- Electronic image disturbances were a result of heafty ignition sparks or poor condenser.
- Roads were bad, but traffic little. We loved that. Today….
- if you don’t recognise competitors…some gained one or two stones(maximum), lost some hair etc.